What is the best solution for your company?
When thinking about the best way to manage your payroll, there are two main options…
- 1. Purchase a payroll system and process the payroll yourself, or…
- 2. Outsource your payroll.
Ace Business Solutions, as well as running a very efficient Payroll Bureau, also sells the Ace Payroll program, so whichever way you decide to go, we can help you.
Ace Payroll is recognised as an extremely reliable computerised software system, having been written for the New Zealand market and professionally developed over more than 30 years. The level of support from Ace Payroll is second to none in the New Zealand. Check out what other say about the Ace Payroll System.
Here are some of the things to weigh up when considering your best option…
- a. Do you like working with computers and have the necessary time (not a lot), or do you have an office person who can do it for you?
- b. Do you or your office person know some of the basic laws relating to payroll, or are happy to learn? Most learning can be achieved using the Ace Payroll Help menu, as this gives you access to all the relevant regulations.
- c. Do you have issues around confidentiality, which would present problems if you were not able to do it yourself?
If you answered… a. Yes. b. Yes. c. No. then purchasing is probably your best option.
If not, you should consider outsourcing. Outsourcing your payroll may cost you a bit more than processing it yourself, but it may not be as expensive as you think. In fact the money can we save you by being fully conversant with the laws, may well be more than our monthly processing fees.
- There are many advantages with outsourcing your payroll…
- You don’t need to keep up-to-date with all the regulations
- You avoid potential problems which may arise if you are not completely familiar with all aspects of payroll. Overpaying staff costs you money. Underpaying staff can result in unhappy staff who feel awkward about querying it with you.
- Having your payroll processed by a third party eliminates any personal feelings if the staff member feels they have been short-paid etc, and they feel much more comfortable approaching you with a query if they know it has not been processed by you.
- You don’t need to worry about who is going to do the payroll when you go away.
Yes, there is a third option. Do your payroll manually! Don’t even consider it. Even if you only have one staff member, the amount of time and trouble saved by using a computerised payroll system is huge. For example, you can easily process your monthly PAYE Return and file it in two minutes. See how long it takes you doing it manually. Holidays and sick leave are tracked automatically, so no need for complicated spreadsheets. Nobody goes back to using a manual system after using a computerised system. And a computerised payroll system is not expensive. It’s a no brainer.
For further information, please call us on 09 271 2275.